Industry: Oil / Gas / Petroleum
Function: Oil & Gas
Roles: Fire & gas technician
Skills: Fire Truck Operator
Responds to fires both industrial and domestic, toxic gas releases, all rescues including road traffic accidents and industrial accidents. Prevents and minimizes loss of life and property damage as a result of fire, gas release incidents and rescue situations. Operate and drives all Fire Service vehicles and equipment. Carries out a range of testing, inspection and general maintenance activities, including ALL firefighting apparatus and equipment including but not limited to Fire Vehicles, Fire Equipment motorized or non- motorized, fire hoses, extinguishers, foam testing, reticulation system; breathing apparatus and resuscitation equipment associated with fire and life support equipment, in order to ensure that emergency preparedness is maintained.
Job Specific Accountabilities
• Specializes in Driving and Operating all Fire Service vehicles and equipment, Fire Equipment motorized or non- motorized.
• Participates in a crew of firefighters involved in firefighting, oil and gas release control measures, rescue and medical emergencies. Participates in specialist stand-by and hot work stand-by duties using firefighting equipment, breathing apparatus and specialist rescue equipment during plant routine maintenance and project works.
• Participates, on a daily basis, in the routine maintenance and testing of Fire Service vehicles and equipment, Fire Equipment motorized or non- motorized. Fire main; hydrants and isolation valves. Tests and cleans daily all fire hose and associated equipment. Maintains and replaces all portable fire extinguishing equipment.
• Participates in the testing and maintenance of a full range of major storage tank firefighting equipment. Participates in the testing of fixed fire protection systems and dry risers in line with Integrity Assurance schedules.
• Participates on a daily basis (6 days a week) in both practical and theoretical training to maintain the required professional skills, including regular use of fire training simulators e.g. storage tank, multi-level platform, gas vessels and process equipment, which results in exposure to heat, flame, smoke, steam and a full range of firefighting agents. Attends monthly exams to ensure his competence is maintained.
• Is trained and certified in Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting procedures to a level expected by the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) relevant to the Airport on offshore.
• Is trained and certified as a NFPA Driver Operator
• Participates fully in all Client’s HSE programmes, including occupational health requirements and ensuring compliance with all HSE regulations.
• Works in line with HSE policy, and ensures awareness and compliance of HSE rules and regulations by colleagues.
• Undergoes physical fitness training 3 times a week.
• Attends emergency Incidents and prevents the loss of life and damage to property. Incidents and procedures include but are not limited to: Hydrocarbon, Aircraft, Municipal, Marine Fires; Vehicle accidents, Chemical Spills, Casualty Handling and Rescue operations at associated incidents.
• Maintains Fire Service equipment such as Fire main valves and fittings, Fixed and Portable Fire Fighting Equipment, Rescue Equipment and Fire Fighting Vehicles.
• Routine Training in the Operation of Williams Big Foot & Ambassador high volume monitors.
• Works in harmony with colleagues to ensure they work to their best potential and contribute effectively as a team. Works in line with HSE Policy, and ensure awareness and compliance of HSE rules and regulations by subordinates.
• Perform all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Develop his relevant skills to enable him to become proficient on the job and in a team; and to deliver the company objectives.
• Cooperates in the team’s implementation of the approved Budget bearing in mind cost effectiveness and supporting effective performance.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Participates in implementation of approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Complies with all applicable policies and procedures, legislation and legal regulations.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Is innovative and supportive in the design and implement of new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identifies improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and Client’s Code of Practices.
• Participate in Emergency Response duties as a Fire Fighter Driver Operator and Fire Fighter.
• Fills in checklists to provide input for the Fire Services Officers monthly report.
• Submits safety observation reports.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Work in a group or team, receiving work direction from the Squad Leader, Fire & Rescue.
• Works in accordance with Company procedures, Fire Service Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Manufacturers Maintenance Procedures.
• Completed work is checked by the Officer, Fire Service (Operations).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• SHALL be In position of a valid Heavy Vehicle Drivers Licence for a minimum of 3 years, with a clean drivers record without a history of accidents in the last 18 months before he can be eligible to become a Fire Fighter Driver Operator
• Secondary education certificate followed by 2 year formal training in firefighting / fire protection.
• 3 Years’ experience involved in firefighting and rescue / fire protection / fire prevention / emergency response and the use of life Support equipment within the Oil & Gas Industry.
• Physically fit and motivated to meet with expectations of the Fire Service Physical Trade Test.
• Good knowledge of English Language with a minimum English Language Proficiency Level.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
• 3 years of experience as a Heavy Vehicle Driver, including at least 3 years in firefighting and rescue / fire protection as a Fire Fighter.
• Secondary education certificate
• Professional Driver certificate for Heavy Vehicles NFPA 1002
• Firefighter 1 & 2 or equivalent to NFPA 1001.
• 2 year formal training in firefighting / fire protection.
• Team player
• Motivate and support other firefighters
• Have stamina, determination and will power